That’s right, I’m back in the good ol’ Quad City area! My trip actually went pretty smoothly. I’m sure I’ll post eventually with more details, but here are some highlights:
- 22 hours of travel
- 3 flights
- 1 delayed flight (my last one home- but only by half an hour)
- 36 degrees- the temperature it is outside right now
- 1 experience of SPRINTING to my gate (in Zurich)
- 9 hours on the flight to the US
- 1 lucky happening- there was an airport shuttle bus from Gare de Lyon! No metro for me.
- 3 loved ones seen so far
- 75 euros + 25 dollars = cost to check my bags
- 1 Chili’s meal eaten in Chicago- MMM American food!!
- 1 bouquet of flowers received
- 3 hugs from my mom within 5 minutes of being home
There’s a lot more I could share but I’m going to shower, get ready, then go up to my grandma’s house for lunch! I bet all the euros in my wallet that she’s making spaghetti and garlic bread, my favorite grandma meal. Although I’m definitely going to devour whatever delicious food she makes. I’m a lucky girl 🙂